Natural Neck Pain Treatment in Beavercreek, OH
When your neck hurts, it can be difficult to complete daily activities and fulfill your many roles and responsibilities. Our chiropractor in Beavercreek, OH, Dr. Stuart Hanley, wants to help you reclaim your active lifestyle and restore your spinal health by offering you customized and comprehensive chiropractic treatments that deliver lasting neck pain relief!
All about Neck Pain: Signs, Symptoms, and Risk Factors
People with neck pain often describe it as dull, achy, throbbing, sore, or sharp. They often complain of additional symptoms as well, like jaw pain, headache, shoulder, and arm pain, reduced range of motion, and even numbness or tingling in the hand and fingers.
While anyone can develop neck pain, it's usually more common in people who have certain risk factors, including:
- Older age
- Family history
- Poor posture
- Sedentary lifestyle
- High stress
- Trauma (e.g., sports injury, car accident injury)
- Occupation or hobbies with repetitive strain
Conditions That Can Cause Neck Pain
Neck pain is extremely common. Most of us will have it from time to time. But for some people, neck pain becomes more than just a temporary inconvenience, especially if they develop an underlying health condition that can lead to acute or chronic dysfunction.
Some of the most common conditions associated with neck pain include:
- Osteoarthritis or degenerative disc disease
- Disc bulge or disc herniation
- Muscle spasms and strains
- Pinched nerves in the neck (cervical radiculopathy)
In some cases, neck pain can develop even without a specific underlying diagnosis and seem to come "out of nowhere." However, even these cases of neck pain can get better with chiropractic care.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
Neck pain is one of the most common reasons that people see a chiropractor, and for good reason! Chiropractic care has been shown to alleviate and even prevent neck pain through the use of non-invasive and holistic techniques that work with the body's natural self-healing processes.
Our Beavercreek chiropractor offers a range of techniques that can alleviate your achy sore neck, including:
- Neck adjustment, to enhance cervical joint alignment, restore pain-free mobility, and alleviate pain and inflammation by stimulating the "rest and digest" branch of the nervous system
- Personalized stretches and exercises to improve cervical range of motion and enhance core strength and stability
- Massage therapy to stimulate healing blood flow and circulation and ease tense and painful muscles in the neck, shoulders, and upper back
Neck Pain Relief the Natural Way
You don't have to settle for a sore neck. Call Hanley Chiropractic Healthcare today at (937) 426-4545 to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor in Beavercreek, OH.